Understand Maths, Science & Technology in your language
For learners whose home language is not English, yet they are trying to master maths, science and technology (taught in English at school), these bilingual dictionaries are the answer.
The bilingual dictionaries were designed to help learners with maths, science and technology both in English and their mother tongue.
How they work
- The stem word or technical term is given in English (no new words in the vernacular were created).
- The meaning / description / explanation / definition is provided in English.
- The meaning / description / explanation / definition is translated into the learner’s home language.
- These dictionaries do not simply cover key words: they were compiled with hundreds of words taken directly from learners’ textbooks, because additional words or instructions such as adjust, double and sketch are often not understood.
- The dictionaries also provide definitions, explanations and illustrations and demonstrate how calculations are done.
- Learners learn how to use a dictionary or reference book.
- There may be simultaneous improvement in a learner's home language and pride in application of his heritage language across different curricula.
- Exceptionally useful during the initial stages of a chapter to clarify new concepts to learners.
- Enjoy co-operation with language teachers; cross-curricular approach to themes and joint "ownership" of the language problem in the schools.
All books are sold at various retailers in e-book format as well. Retailers are listed on the 'Contact us' page.Contact us to arrange discount for bulk purchases.